Spanish Shrimp Sandwich
Two tapas classics – garlic shrimp and pan con tomate – meet in one gorgeous open-faced sandwich. Cut the bread smaller and it’s a tapas again. Smoked paprika – also known as Pimenton – adds smoky flavor and an earthy red hue.
- Servings: Makes 4 open-faced sandwiches
- Slice the baguette into 4 6-inch lengths, and then split it in half lengthwise to form 8 6-inch pieces. Toast. Rub with the tomato half.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and paprika, season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon over the shrimp. Turn off heat.
- Top each of the 8 toast slices with shrimp and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.