- Servings: Makes 18
A digital thermometer is needed for this recipe.
- Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment.
- Place chopped chocolate in a small metal bowl. Warm the bowl of chocolate to115º by resting atop a saucepan of simmering water. Turn off heat. Let chocolate sit undisturbed for 2 minutes, then stir to melt chocolate. As soon as all the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and insert thermometer.
- Cool chocolate to 90º by stirring frequently and adding the remaining chocolate pieces.
- Drop chocolate by generous tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Use back of spoon to spread into 2 ½” disks. Stud each with a variety of fruits and nuts. Let stand at room temperature until chocolate is dry and set.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.