- Servings: Makes 1-10 inch tart
For the crust:
- Roll to fit 10” tart pan. Chill.
- Instructions for blind bake.
- Bake 20 minutes with foil and weights, 5 without. Total of 25 minutes.
For the lime curd:
- Combine lime juice, egg yolks, and sugar in a non-reactive bowl. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until curd thickens. Turn down to low heat and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain into a medium bowl and add butter. Stir until completely melted. Add zest.
- Cool over a bowl of ice.
- Pour into cooled tart shell. Freeze.
For the meringue
- Bring a medium saucepan with about 2 inches of water to a simmer.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine egg whites, sugar, and salt. Hold over simmering water while whisking until sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Return bowl to mixer, with whisk attachment, whisk until egg whites reach stiff, glossy peaks.
- Spread this over frozen lime curd tart. Return to freezer.