Dirty Chai Granita
This layered dessert combines alternating layers of espresso and chai spice flavored granitas, with some whipped cream in between. It’s a riff on the popular coffee bar order known as a “Dirty Chai Latte”.
- Servings: Makes 8 servings
- Combine espresso and sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Cool. Pour into a square metal pan, ideally, or a steel bowl. Place in freezer.
- Pour Chai into similar vessel and also place in freezer.
- After an hour, mix each with a fork, scraping all frozen bits from the sides of the pans. Return to freezer. Continue fork scraping every hour or so until thoroughly frozen and granular.
- Just before serving, whip cream. Layer in 8 glasses: 1/2 cup espresso granita on the bottom, then ¼ cup whipped cream, then ½ cup Chai granita, top with ¼ cup whipped cream and a sprinkle of cardamom.