Graham Cracker and Chocolate Sandwiches
Make these cookie sandwiches from scratch to see how graham crackers should really taste.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Bake Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Servings: Makes 18 sandwiched cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a food processor, pulse together flours, sugar. Baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add cold butter pieces and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add honey, vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of water and mix until dough comes together in a ball. Adding 1 more tablespoon of water if necessary.
- Between two sheets of parchment or wax paper, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- Chill until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Lightly flour a knife or a square cookie cutter. Cut into 11/2 inch squares. Prick each cracker decoratively with a floured fork. Place on baking sheet and chill again until firm.
- Bake 15 minutes until edges are just turning golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place chopped chocolate and butter in a small bowl, set aside.
- Bring cream to a boil and pour over chocolate and butter, stirring until all chocolate has melted. Stir in corn syrup.
- When graham crackers have cooled, spread half of them with ganache filling and top with another cracker.