This espresso shortbread is an after-dinner delight, pairing especially well with any coffee.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Bake Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: Makes 20 cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 °.
- With a mixer, cream together butter, sugars, espresso grounds, instant espresso, and salt until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla. Slowly add flour. Mix until combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Shape dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment or wax paper. Roll out into an even thickness of ¼ inch. Cut out cookies with a decorative cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet and chill again until firm.
- Bakes 20-25 minutes until edges are set and just turning golden. Transfer to a cooling rack.