Citrus Poppy Thins
These grown-up cookies have an added crispness from the poppy seeds and citrus taste.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Bake Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: Makes 60 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat lemon zest and sugar on medium speed to infuse sugar with lemon flavor. Add softened butter. Cream with sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy, another 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in lemon juice. Add flour and mix until just combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Chill until firm. About 45 minutes.
- Scoop cookies weighing a ¼ ounce each, onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Place 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 10-12 minutes, rotating after 5, until edges are just set.